Duration and programme Content
The programme is divided into two semesters as per the academic calendar of the JGLS
|Degree||Duration||Number of Credits|
|LLM||12 Months (2 Semesters), Intensive, Full time and Residential Program||28 Credits|
The One Year LLM Programme is made up of core/foundational and elective courses drawn from one of the three specializations. The programme shall have 28 credits with the following components: -
- Three Core/ Four Foundational mandatory courses (3 credits and 2 credits each)
- Five optional courses of (2 credits each) and
- Dissertation on a topic approved by the academic supervisor (3 Credits).
Core /Foundational Courses
- Legal Research Methodology
- Law and Justice in a Globalizing World
- Comparative Public Law and Systems of Governance
- Introduction to Corporate and Financial Law
- Law of International Trade
- General Principles of IPR Law
Students will have to choose 5 electives from Corporate and Financial Law and Policy, International Trade and Investment Law, Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Law and General LLM. Provided, in case the candidate takes a minimum of three specialization papers from any particular Group/Cluster only, then that Course can be called after the discipline the candidates select; the candidate can opt for remaining paper/papers of his/her choice in order to complete the number of courses/credits prescribed for the Degree. With the approval of the Director of the CPGLS, students may choose to take one course in other Schools of JGU towards the fulfillment of LLM course credit requirements.